Friday, December 24, 2010

Day 122: Calvin, Hobbes & Hudson

The last of my custom gifts is for my nephew Hudson. Hudson has a unique sense of humor and is very imaginative.



custom gifts by Chris Schroeder

I'm positive he will enjoy the pages of Calvin and Hobbes.

custom gifts by Chris Schroeder

Here's a custom bookmark to solidify the bond.

I am a huge fan of Bill Watterson so I was a little reluctant to copy his art. The challenge was not so much copying, but to draw Hudson in the same style as the art. If you're familiar with Calvin and Hobbes you may recall the characters having a simple appearance, so in order to draw Hudson in the same way, I had to simplify his features while staying true to his likeness.  I had a fun time trying!

Like what you see?
Leave a comment!

Merry Christmas! May your holiday be filled with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment